“A Large Variety of beautiful souvenirs. A wide assortment of genuine Estonian souvenirs is available at The Turist Shop, 17 Tartu Road. Articles of Estonian handicraft – souvenirs of leather, metal, wood, and porcelain, applied art objects by the ARS Applied Art Workshops, works of fine art by Estonian artists, textiles, musical instruments, records, ready-made clothes, alcoholic drinks and sweets. Sale for foreign currency. Bar on floor two.
From the Soviet Union one may take out:
- Any goods bought for convertible currency upon presentation of receipts from “Turist” or “Beriozka” foreign currency shops.
- Goods bought for Soviet currency exchange by the USSR State Bank or its departments. All receipts should be retained.
- Alcoholic drinks (persons over 21) a) up to 0,5 litre of vodka b) 1 litre of wine
- 250 g of caviar.
It is forbidden to take out:
- Articles of precious metals received as a present during your stay in the USSR.
- Soviet money, state bonds, lottery tickets
- Articles to be turned over to a third party.”